About Montabella Community Schools
Montabella Community Schools is located in mid-Michigan. The district’s boundaries include portions of three different counties: Montcalm, Isabella, and Mecosta. The school district covers 150 square miles, which then requires about 1200 miles of transportation per day with the majority of the students being transported.
A variety of services are offered to the students at Montabella Community Schools depending on their grade level. Among these services are Title I, Special Education, Alternative Education, Advanced programs, and Career Center.
Montabella Community Schools is a Class C school district comprised of about 800 students. The district is located in mid-Michigan and has boundaries that include three different counties: Montcalm, Isabella, and Mecosta. We get our name Montabella from a combination of the three counties MON-TA-BELLA for MONtcalm, mecosTA and isaBELLA. The school district covers 150 square miles, which then requires about 1200 miles of transportation per day with the majority of the students being transported by bus. We are able to accomplish this efficiently and limit a bus ride to an hour or less for every student.
A variety of services are offered to students at Montabella Community Schools depending on their grade level. Among these services are Title I, Special Education, Alternative Education, Advanced Programs, Career Center, and a variety of extracurricular opportunities.
We believe in showing R.E.A.L. Mustang Pride
Respect: Treat others fairly and appropriately in a safe environment.
Explore: Provide opportunities all students to be involved in school and community activities.
Achieve: Together we believe all students can learn the essential skills for the classroom and society.
Lead: Together we encourage and motivate each other.
The Mission of Montabella Community Schools is to prepare our students to be successful in a changing global society.
The Vision of Montabella Community Schools is to ensure that every student is achieving at their maximum potential in a safe, inspiring learning environment.
- Operations - We will use dedicated funds (ie; sinking funds) to address specific needs while exploring the use of a bond to address larger/building & facility projects.
- Personnel/Leadership - Support teacher retention/recruitment through the allocation of time, resources and training.
- Culture/Learning Environment - Enhance educational environment to provide positive, active learning opportunites for students.
- Communication/Community Involvement - Maintain consistent communication that increases community involvement and engagement to build healthy relationships.
- Academics/Programs - We will enhance existing curriculum and implement new programs to increase test scores and improve academic and real life opportunities.